"

Ernesto Mercado is fifth in a row to start his career

COSTA MESA, CA (April 15, 2022) - Super Lightweight Rising Star, Ernesto "Tito" Mercado (5-0), unbeaten in the rest of his fourth consecutive first round knockout, this time experienced veteran Daniel Evangelista Jr. (20-14-2) , 16 KOs). The six-round fight, promoted by Engelbrecht Promotion and Event in the popular Fight Club OC series, took place at The Hanger in Costa Mesa, CA.

Ernesto Mercado


As soon as the bell rang, Mercado came out with a gun and sent Evangelista to the canvas in the first minute of the first round, then the referee followed up with two more knockdowns before the fight ended at 1:37. With another impressive knockout win, Mercado is fast approaching the big fight.


"I've said in all my interviews that there are no more killers in the boxing game, and I wanted to come out again and show the world that I'm one of the throw back fighters like Mike Tyson," said Pomona, a native of California, Markdo. "I was hoping to get some rounds against Evangelista, but I hit him early and got him out. Once I see my opponent hit, my mentality is to finish him off. I want to be known as the next great knockout artist in boxing. "


At 20, Mercado thinks he's one of the top prospects in boxing. After knocking out four of his five opponents in two rounds or less to start his career, he is well on his way to super stardom.


"I've never drunk or smoked, so when I step into the ring my body and mind are one hundred percent," concluded Mercado, who was an Olympic alternative. “I think if I keep working hard inside and outside the ring, concentrating on the handiwork, I will be a world champion at some point. I am grateful to my father and trainer, Ernesto Marcdo Sr., to all my supporters for keeping me straight and narrow and for helping me on my journey to the top. I'm noticing everyone in the lightweight and super lightweight sections. "

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post