"

"The current me would have made Spartak the champion in 2007" - Cherchesov

The head coach of Ferencváros Stanislav Cherchesov on the air of the Loud! on the Match TV channel, he suggested that he could make Spartak the champion of Russia in 2007 if he led the team with current coaching experience.



Under the leadership of Cherchesov, Ferencvaros scored a "golden double", winning the Hungarian Championship and taking the Cup of the country. The ex-coach of the Russian national team worked at Spartak from 2007 to 2008, replacing Vladimir Fedotov during the 2007 season. As a result, the Red-Whites finished in second place, two points behind Zenit. 


— Do you have written in the contract that you have to be in the group stage of the Champions League?

- Not. I have not written down that I should become a champion and win the Cup. Championship, Cup... Let's move on. Here it is, every barrier and it must be solved.

- A lot of envious remarks from colleagues, they say, Cherchesov did not win the Russian championship. What is your reaction?

I don't know, I haven't read it. We are doing our job, doing the best we can. Resentment? No no. To become the champion of Russia, it is necessary... It is difficult to become the champion of Russia with Amkar. There were chances with Spartak, but in the last round… Well, I have already said in an interview that you are doing an analysis. Having become the champion in Poland, I said that if I were [the current one] then, I would also become champions.

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post